2 CEUs. 2 Hours.
- Understand the application and value of sensory processing for adults in mental health
- Get an overview of the supportive neural structures and research
- Understand when and how sensory processing difficulties occur and when someone needs therapeutic intervention
- Identify assessments and interventions frameworks in support of adults
- A brief introduction to the theory and constructs of sensory processing for adults
- Neuroscience and research support – science and evidence
- The sensory processing continuum
- Sensory assessments introduction
- What does poor sensory processing look like for adults and in what diagnostic groups is it more prevalent
- How do we approach their problems
- What changes can we expect with this approach
- Intervention principles and frameworks
- Resources, references, and further learning opportunities
Read the Literature
3 CEUs. 15 MCQs.
Includes a voucher for an online article activity of your choice from https://theotlink.com/article-cpd/
The link between the sensory system and environmental ergonomics. Understanding the sensory system will assist in the identification of risk behaviour in the workplace. Sensory overloading of the auditive and visual senses of operators with low sensory thresholds. Heavy mobile operators are overloaded with auditive and visual stimuli - 24 warning signals.